Sourdough in panasonic sd 2501

Justin

365 flour

22Og sourdough starter (which is made 50 50 flour and water)

2 tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil

1 tsp sugar

5g salt

175g cold water

Pizza dough  cycle no 22 which takes 45 minutes

I try and do this to fonish at 7.30pm

Leave a couple hours to rise. I leave it 3 or so hours and before I go to bed I put it on Pizza dough cycle no 22 again

Leave overnight. 

When you get up in the morning bake only on menu number 15. I do 45 mins. 50 mins will give you a darker crust.

15873660274467662896738601848357.thumb.jpg.1a6394141119c33e9cea303e90a7ec08.jpg

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Well done,   but the recipe works out on the water at 48% which I think is low...most standard bread recipes (shop bought) is 57%, the one I use is 75% hydration.

Now you have that under your belt, take that recipe and make it by hand...it is so easy....trust me. again well done.👍

Ice.

Ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Can not be any easier than the machine mate, chuck it in and leave, the machine does all the kneading. This thread is about convenience and making bread. Do not even to heat the oven up. Makes a nice sandwich bread

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Can not be any easier than the machine mate, chuck it in and leave, the machine does all the kneading. This thread is about convenience and making bread. Do not even to heat the oven up. Makes a nice sandwich bread

Agree wholeheartedly. We have a Panasonic sd zb2512.

We had a cheap bread maker which we only used to make pizza dough, as the bread was crap. Eventually it died and I saw the reviews for the Panasonic.

I was in two minds in buying it because of the cost, but I'm glad I did! The bread is amazing and we use it every day, on the French bread setting.

We get our flour in 25kg sacks for about £21. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a Panasonic 2501- i’m completely new to sourdough but I love the taste of it and would love to try and make this in my brea maker please could you explain about the starter? Or refer me to a link on how best to make one.. thanks in advance.

Edited by Marmalade

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, Justin said:

365 flour

22Og sourdough starter (which is made 50 50 flour and water)

2 tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil

1 tsp sugar

5g salt

175g cold water

Pizza dough  cycle no 22 which takes 45 minutes

I try and do this to fonish at 7.30pm

Leave a couple hours to rise. I leave it 3 or so hours and before I go to bed I put it on Pizza dough cycle no 22 again

Leave overnight. 

When you get up in the morning bake only on menu number 15. I do 45 mins. 50 mins will give you a darker crust.

15873660274467662896738601848357.thumb.jpg.1a6394141119c33e9cea303e90a7ec08.jpg

Hi Justin

Want to try your recipe 👍 but just a quick question, when I make the sourdough starter, do I have to leave it somewhere to ferment for a time prior to me using it in the recipe you’ve given?  I’ve had my breadmaker a long time but apart from following pizza dough and bread recipes I’m a novice.

Thank you for all your very useful info.  👍😁

You need build a sourdough culture over a couple of weeks plus. Maintain it for future sourdough baking, that is your sourdough bank as it were.

You take what you need from that and chuck it in for each ae you do.

Keep maintaining your sourdough culture, .

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 3:15 AM, Justin said:

You need build a sourdough culture over a couple of weeks plus. Maintain it for future sourdough baking, that is your sourdough bank as it were.

You take what you need from that and chuck it in for each ae you do.

Keep maintaining your sourdough culture, .

Justin, just wondering if you have any experience with GF sourdough. My GF sourdough starter is ready and I'm hoping your method works for me🤞