Hello To Everyone

JH33

Hi,

My name is John, and I worked in the good old NHS for many years in an Orthodontic Department. Now retired I have additional time to pursue any interests. 

Realistically I am a complete beginner, and have only hot smoked using a Cameron stove-top smoker. Surprisingly, my extremely basic efforts tasted far better than expected, and I would now like to develop my knowledge further. Because of the current, unprecedented situation I have been confined to barracks for twelve weeks so have decided to take the plunge and have a go.

I came across Wade’s very useful YouTube videos about the Callow smoker a couple of weeks ago, and since then I have been gathering information about the subject. At the weekend I ordered one of the smokers and some other bits and pieces so I am eagerly awaiting their delivery.

Since ordering I came across the Woodsmoke forum, and find the amount of advice and help given on so many topics excellent, although the great amount of information is a little bewildering at the moment!

Regards to you all, and stay safe.

Cheers.

John

Hi John :welcome:. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun learning how to use the callow. the basics apply to all bullet smokers and some of those learned skills are easily transferable to other smokers. That's the bad thing about smoking, It's a gateway to (buying) other smokers 😁.