Mini Kamados - What do you cook?

Skagg2000

So my lad has had the Mini Chef Kamado for a few weeks now, we have added pizza stone / heat deflector & a 5mm steel Plancha / heat deflector. So he has plenty of cooking options.

He's played around with it, but what do you guys actually cook on yours?

I'm a bit lost on recipes that he can cook & feed three. I'm used to loading the smoker & cooking for the masses so to speak.

Are they any sites / forums you can point to that give recipes for the Mini style Kamados?

Perhaps this would be a good place to start a thread on your chosen recipes, experiences or ideas?

Cheers n Gone Nick

• Like 1

I picked up one of these and finally used it for the first time last weekend. On both occasions I did steak and peppers.

I look forward to seeing what others have done. do you have links to the accessories?  I do want to get myself a deflector so I can do a bit of smoking as it's only me and the gf so feel it's a bit much to always fire up the 22" WSM. 

Same as @hoogl just the two of us, so I find it easy to do any meats on it. Steak tonight,  pork loin chops tomorrow,  I sometimes wrap a couple of spuds in foil there's just enough room on the grill.

I have had an idea of making a double grill plate just so it fits with the lid down, steaks are only a couple of inches, put them on the lower rack and what ever else you want on the top???

Ice.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hoogl said:

I picked up one of these and finally used it for the first time last weekend. On both occasions I did steak and peppers.

I look forward to seeing what others have done. do you have links to the accessories?  I do want to get myself a deflector so I can do a bit of smoking as it's only me and the gf so feel it's a bit much to always fire up the 22" WSM. 

Hi, Both the accessories were bespoke. The Pizza stone was cut down from a large stone with a diamond disc & the plancha was cut out for me by a local metal fabricator with a plasma cutter for a tenner.

Detail on both on the Lidl Kamado thread

Cheers N Gone Nick

• Like 1