Going on my own

jay_dyker88

So after working in a factory for many years I have had enough and it's time to go work for my self ...

I have been cooking for a long time and I have got level 1 level 2 ,I have food hygiene certificates as well ..I can go on an on ..

Am looking to go in the world of street food but in a truck with smokers .now were i live it's not heard of but people love bbq /smoked food i have done all my research  etc ,all i need is some help on were i can get a truck converted with 3 smokers in the truck .i was thinking of doing 3 Bradley  smokers or something similar  and if i could do a open bbq with coal ...,if anyone could point me in the right direction  etc or ideas that would be great ..at the moment am in talks with the council were i can pitch up from Tuesday to Saturday  ...i have lots of suppliers  as well to ,seems to be going to plan ,like insaid all the help would be great  and please no negative comments  am just doing what I love and enjoy and what to bring my cooking to your bellys  ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jay_dyker88 said:

please no negative comments 

No negative comments from me Jay,  I wish you all the best with your dream. Having the local council on your side is a great step forward, around here all they want to do is to try and stop folks having a go.

What size truck are you thinking about?? Transit size?? 7.5 tons??.

Ice.

All here to help.

Personally, I think the Bradley option is going to be very expensive in “Pucks” the wood disks for cooking.

You would also need a generator as these run on mains voltage.

Horizontal space in a truck will be limiting with worktops, sinks etc, so vertical Smokers is the way, and I think that’s why you choose the Bradley Cabinets.

I would look down the UDS route. Three In a line, no power required to run them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

All here to help.

Personally, I think the Bradley option is going to be very expensive in “Pucks” the wood disks for cooking.

You would also need a generator as these run on mains voltage.

Horizontal space in a truck will be limiting with worktops, sinks etc, so vertical Smokers is the way, and I think that’s why you choose the Bradley Cabinets.

I would look down the UDS route. Three In a line, no power required to run them.

How would I get a uds  into he truck ???just a question as I've got a design going on at the moment  ,just trying to find a company who can bespoke the van for us 

Hey @jay_dyker88 what about something like one of these? http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/trailer-smokers or a uk company https://www.bbqmates.co.uk/product-category/bm-commercial-bbq-trailers/

That way you can just transport it to venue and pitch up. Maybe you could use a decent pop up Gazebo to give a little weather protection or as @Smokin Monkey said go for bullet smokers on a similar trailer. Could you get a wooden shack that you can cut and fasten together to make a popup shop?

Best of luck in it dude :)

Edited by hoogl
Added a UK based web link

31 minutes ago, hoogl said:

Hey @jay_dyker88 what about something like one of these? http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/trailer-smokers or a uk company https://www.bbqmates.co.uk/product-category/bm-commercial-bbq-trailers/

That way you can just transport it to venue and pitch up. Maybe you could use a decent pop up Gazebo to give a little weather protection or as @Smokin Monkey said go for bullet smokers on a similar trailer. Could you get a wooden shack that you can cut and fasten together to make a popup shop?

Best of luck in it dude :)

Hey buddy cheers for that but I'd like it to be a truck so i can drive it there and serve the food out the hatch ....I've spoken To a fabricator this afternoon said about having 3 usd  on a stilts and with chimney out of the roof when cooking ...