New Proq Rotisserie Kit Coming Out For Their Full Range Of Smokers Very Shortly

sotv

Yep, Pro Q UK did tease this on Instagram a few weeks back. ( First post if you search for #protisserie :) )

The old style rotisserie looked like a cut down stacker, so you could put the lid on again. The new one doesn't look like that is possible. 

I thought Pro Q were a UK company?

Can't explain why Aus got them first. Unless it was a seasonal decision. Aus were in summer when they were ready, so ship the first batches out there?

Phil.

Edited by Phlashster
Typo
  • Like 1

They are, but their Australian sister site seemed to highlight new products and have a more updated social media presence than the UK one, when i first bought mine a few years back, so just got in the habit of getting my info from them. Should check out their UK media presence a bit more often, if they are keeping up with the Australian Site now.

Edited by sotv

I thought they were an Aussie company??  well,  you live & learn. 

Just watched the video and the similarity of both the motor and spit look very very much like the ones on a Jumbuck??? (which I have) it would not take much to make a couple of brackets to clip on the side and then I could use it.

Ice.

• Like 1

Just found the UK site,  a number of links don't work, it needs an update...and why the two sites??  ProQ & Mac's BBQ??? with a lot of the same info like the recipe page??

On the Hotsmoked site, the new Frontier is £1 cheaper than the Mac's site....m01100.gif the mind boggles...and with the discount code it made it £30 cheaper.

I'll give Hotsmoked another call today because as of now, no email and when I login to their site there's no info about the order...I do know it's UK Mail that is delivering it.

Ice.

6 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Just found the UK site,  a number of links don't work, it needs an update...and why the two sites??  ProQ & Mac's BBQ??? with a lot of the same info like the recipe page??

On the Hotsmoked site, the new Frontier is £1 cheaper than the Mac's site....m01100.gif the mind boggles...and with the discount code it made it £30 cheaper.

I'll give Hotsmoked another call today because as of now, no email and when I login to their site there's no info about the order...I do know it's UK Mail that is delivering it.

Ice.

That doesn't sound right. I would definitely give them a call first thing, if your order isn't showing and no communication about it being shipped or tracked.

Just had a look at my account in My Orders as I have used them regularly and my complete order history is in there, for the past 3 years. So it should be showing (minus tracking) if there hasn't been a problem?

I have the Jumbuck as well, good thinking about the brackets. If you source something or get it adapted. Let us know.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Icefever said:

it would not take much to make a couple of brackets to clip on the side and then I could use it.

I agree. A couple of brackets like that look to be simple to produce. I am guessing that this is a much simpler design, that is easier to manufacture from generic components.

But it does mean, some people are likely to DIY instead of buy the Pro Q version.

I think i liked the idea of being able to rotisserie with the lid on, but not sure if it makes any difference. I have no experience of rotisserie yet. 

Phil.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Yes, it seems a bit of an unnatural split. They are the same business address. I guess for international distribution it needs to appear so.  Pro Q are the manufacturer which needs to be seen as separate to MacsBBQ as the main UK sales outlet.

I am aware of a 10% code for Macs too.  😉 If Hotsmoked haven't got stock, let me know.

All of my Macs orders have been there next day. Even the 52kg of Pro Q Coco charcoal i ordered. 😋

Phil.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sotv said:

I have the Jumbuck as well, good thinking about the brackets. If you source something or get it adapted. Let us know....

m0121.gif  Will do.. I have to sort out the motor for the Jumbuck it's packed in a box somewhere.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

1 hour ago, Phlashster said:

I am aware of a 10% code for Macs too.  😉 If Hotsmoked haven't got stock, let me know.

I didn't know about the code for Macs,  @sotv sent me the one for Hotsmoked so I went with that. I've paid Hotsmoked so it'll have to come from them.  The strange thing is Hotsmoked are not far from the warehouse,  so is it a case that any order for anything big, like a smoker comes direct for the warehouse and Hotsmoked does not carry any on the shelf???

Ice.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Icefever said:

Look good and from the picture looks very similar to the Jumbuck skewer part on it as well. Would definitely want 2 of them though either side. Would  hate to cut a groove in the main body as per their picture, would need the top of the bracket to sit above the rim of my smoker stack, once attached. So it didn't affect the performance of the smoker when not in use.

15 minutes ago, sotv said:

Would  hate to cut a groove in the main body as per their picture, would need the top of the bracket to sit above the rim of my smoker stack, once attached. So it didn't affect the performance of the smoker when not in use.

What about a ring section sitting on top of the frontier bottom section above the fire box??? that way the slot would be in this section???

Ice.

• Like 1

Would be an idea, but looking at the ProQ version it sits above a stacker on top of the fire basket .  Might wait to see what the price and reviews are like on the actual Proq version first though. as no drilling and tampering with the stackers needed 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, Mack said:

Shouldn't be long until they're here! Difference being:

• No holes to drill, so very easy to fit.
  • All components made from Stainless Steel.
  • ProQ/ Mac's BBQ unrivalled service 😉

Great news Ian. Any news on pricing, pre-orders etc? And why did Aus get them first? 🤣

• 3 weeks later...