Newb's from Devon

Nice But

Hi All from soggy Devon. I've been burning things over fire since I was a cub..... move on 50 years and I'm still doing it but now learning the art of smoking (hot and cold) using my Weber and soon to be UDS.

Picked up a couple of drums on my way up country the other week and will get round to converting them when I get a chance. I'm building an outdoor kitchen area from mainly recycled crap....pallets, wriggly tin and old slabs, this will also house a cob oven for pizza and bread... also interested in having a go at charcuterie in the future...

I teach people how to sail for my sins and own an old cornish lugger for my stupidity.....

Looking forward to getting lots of ideas and inspiration from those with greater knowledge... I'm on CWS and  UDS bbq UK on faceache as Tim Sunderland.

Edited by Nice But

Tim hi & welcome on board..pardon the pun...looks like your well into burning food then??  m0111.gif

You'll do fine here loads of info, and any questions that you have we'll do our best to answer them for you.

I'm trying hard to find time to finish off my UDS ready for this year's Tailgate's that we run.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1

Hi Tim, warm welcome from the Soggy North!

Great to have you join us, FB is great but if you want a whole Library of Recipes and Information, WoodSmoke Forum is the one stop answer.

There are UDS builds on here.

Using a Weber either Hot or Cold is a very versatile piece of kit.

Charcuterie is a growing past time in the UK, and we have members who can offer great advice from things like Making your own Bacon, through to Salmai etc.

• Like 1

Welcome, you live in a lovely part of the country. have family down in Exmouth and love popping into The Crab Shack in Teignmouth, when we are down there. They really know how to BBQ seafood and crabs there and always bring fresh fish back from Brixham from the fishmongers on the Quayside..

Thanks sotv I was only in Exmouth the other day..... storm watching 🌊😐

Not tried the crab shack as I have an awkward veggie partner, hates fish... so I have to cook it myself. I'm looking forward to seeing and gleaning lots of advice from you guys...

• Like 1