UMAi bags/kits

Diggerg

Has anyone got any experience with the UMAi product range? I like the idea of being able to make salami in a standard fridge without having to worry about humidity. 

I have an accurately temp controller fridge for my brewing ship temp control is easy. 

I'm keen to try their 32mm salami kit for saucisson sec.

Also does anyone know of a UK distributor? 

I have used them for Bresaola and they work quite well. I gave up leaving them to dry in the fridge though as the rate of water loss would have meant that it would have taken 5 months before the target water loss was reached. I now use the UMAI bags and then wrap in muslin and air dry at room temperature. The UMAI bag helps to control the rate of water loss.

Try Weald packaging one of our sponsors. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2019 at 10:17 AM, Wade said:

I have used them for Bresaola and they work quite well. I gave up leaving them to dry in the fridge though as the rate of water loss would have meant that it would have taken 5 months before the target water loss was reached. I now use the UMAI bags and then wrap in muslin and air dry at room temperature. The UMAI bag helps to control the rate of water loss.

Try Weald packaging one of our sponsors. 

Thanks @Wade. I looked at weald but they don't seem to do dry bags small enough for saucisson.