CountryWoodSmoke BBQ Rubs

Smokin Monkey

• 2 months later...

Roasted Pecan Rub
2 cups of pecans, roasted and then chopped fine
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 Tbls. of your favorite spice blend (I used my normal rub blend but here is your chance to be creative!)

Lay the pecans out on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven on 350F for about 15 min. Let cool and place in a food processor, chop very fine. Combine with remaining ingredients. I use mustard slathered on the meat to hold the rub on. As this makes a big batch you can freeze what you don't use or store in an airtight container.

• Like 1

I have a few cherry rub rub recipes that I have bookmarked in the past, but never got round to trying yet, and they all call for Kool-Aid Unsweetened Cherry Drink Mix I am only linking it as it is a good picture of what is used, you can get them from elsewhere if you decided to try it, by searching, google.amazon, ebay etc.

Can't help with the pecan side but I am sure you could add ground/blitzed pecans to the rub if necessary?

This is a straight cherry rub recipe I had bookmarked, but others out there using the kool-aid also.

• Like 1