Canola Oil

sotv

Speaking to a couple of American friends on a vaping forum. Turns out they are both big Smoking/BBQ fans and both recommend doing an online recipe they have shown me for a Brisket recipe, they both swear by.

It is a very involved recipe, with a lot of ingredients and although it may be a little on the spicy and heat side for my tastes, tempted to try it out. One of the ingredients it calls for is Canola Oil, my question is would normal Rapeseed oil suffice as a substitute?. as I can't find Canola listed at any online supermarkets in the UK. They both only use Canola and not sure our Rapeseed oil is the same thing and as I have never even heard of Canola Oil before today I am none the wiser either. Hoping someone on here might.

Edited by sotv

Quote Wiki....

Canola oil, or canola for short, originally known as low erucic acid rapeseed, is a vegetable oil derived from a variety of rapeseed that is low in erucic acid, as opposed to colza oil. Wikipedia 

Hope that helps...post the recipe if possible.   :thumb1:  

Ice.
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Icefever said:

Quote Wiki....

Canola oil, or canola for short, originally known as low erucic acid rapeseed, is a vegetable oil derived from a variety of rapeseed that is low in erucic acid, as opposed to colza oil. Wikipedia 

Hope that helps...post the recipe if possible.   :thumb1:  

Ice.

That's what i read funnily enough, I was still none the wiser if they were the same thing or different? But the link you supplied looks a better bet thanks.