Any Up For A BBQ Weekend?

Just dipping a toe in here, to see if any members are interested in a Tailgate/BBQ Weekend?

The East Anglian Event in May was the 1st in over 2 years, we all know the reason why!

No particular date or venue have been choose, this is just to see if their is any interest!

Anyone with a date or a venue, all ideas welcome‼️

• Like 1

Of course I am.  Happy to arrange another East Anglia one anytime, easy enough to do but do not  want to tread on ones of other events. We had a great time despite me hardly drinking  a drop of alcohol. Food was delicious, company was excellent 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We need some one to organise in their locality.  There is help and resources available to assist.  I think we could pull off a national like we used to but it needs intention and commitment form forum members to achieve it.  As can been seen form the threads  on the past events they really are good fun. I did the Anglia and Southeast one recently but there was three cooking and 9 in attendance for a regional which is ok.  I think I may organise another one for the region if note one steps up.

• Like 1

I would if I were confident that I could produce something worthy of such an event.  Aside from having a dabble with some chicken breasts and salmon fillets, with one failed attempt at a brisket, I would be a consumer at such an event rather than a producer :)

As an aside anyone attending any of the Smoke and Fire festivals? I booked in for Ascot end of July. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:33 PM, Kave said:

I would if I were confident that I could produce something worthy of such an event.  Aside from having a dabble with some chicken breasts and salmon fillets, with one failed attempt at a brisket, I would be a consumer at such an event rather than a producer :)

As an aside anyone attending any of the Smoke and Fire festivals? I booked in for Ascot end of July. 

The great benefit of the tailgates is it is often a learning experience as much as anything else and inspirational.  For example I am  happy to bring my kettle and wsm in my van for anyone that wants to try those out. Nice to see lots of different equipment in place and experince it too. Not everyone cooks, it is fun relaxing event and there is more than enough food prepared.  Do as much or as little as anyone wants and enjoy the company, food and drink.