Banana Wine anyone???

Icefever

Mrs Ice loved banana wine, I've made it a few times over the last 12/14 years, we were in Bookers shopping and they always have a load of bagged bananas on the sale shelf. Up to 2kgs in a bag and marked off at 40p per bag.

Now, these bananas have not "gone overripe"...in fact they needed a week or so to ripen to the brown spotted type to be sweeter....better for making wine.

Most recipes will say boil the bananas in a cloth bag in the water for 20/30 mins...I don't do that.

10 litres of water into the boiler along with about 10/12 kgs of nana's....bring to a boil, hold for 20/25 mins..let it cool a little then into a bucket. It's been sat in the back bedroom overnight, so when I finished this post I'll take it into the kitchen, check PH and gravity add whatever sugar I need to hit around 1.070 and start it off.. ;)

Ice.
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, Icefever said:
Mrs Ice loved banana wine, I've made it a few times over the last 12/14 years, we were in Bookers shopping and they always have a load of bagged bananas on the sale shelf. Up to 2kgs in a bag and marked off at 40p per bag.

Now, these bananas have not "gone overripe"...in fact they needed a week or so to ripen to the brown spotted type to be sweeter....better for making wine.

Most recipes will say boil the bananas in a cloth bag in the water for 20/30 mins...I don't do that.

10 litres of water into the boiler along with about 10/12 kgs of nana's....bring to a boil, hold for 20/25 mins..let it cool a little then into a bucket. It's been sat in the back bedroom overnight, so when I finished this post I'll take it into the kitchen, check PH and gravity add whatever sugar I need to hit around 1.070 and start it off.. ;)

Ice.

what yeast do you use mate? or do you leave it open for wild yeast?

On 11/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, Gaza the Instructor said:

You really do love your nanas don't you. I may not do nanas,

but will do Apples.

Waiting till next week cause the Doc is getting his own back and

is going to hide his camera up my arse on Tuesday. So could be

writing with clenched teeth for rest of week.🌵🥊

I do apple juice from concentrate apple juice (Morrisons one is best i find, it is also one of the cheapest) for turbo cider, add flavourings syrup etc, strong team solution and medium cider yeast. Always makes a strong cider that is devious. I like the rhubarb and ginger one but also cranberry and raspberry

Not had the camera treatment (good luck with that) but did have medical last week that involved a cold finger up the jacksy.

3 hours ago, Gaza the Instructor said:

Cheers mate Why do I get the feeling he is going to put his Boxing

Gloves on, just for me, revenge??

Same as Justin for me, finger only...but did get the all clear..that was the best part....why will he use boxing gloves...have you upset him??? 🤣

Ice.

• 3 weeks later...