Chicken tandoori bone in thighs

Justin

I made up some lovely tandoori masala spice. I then mixed it with some white wine vinegar. 1/3rd of a cup to 100g of spice. Combine then add 45ml cold qater and mix. Heat up 1/2 a cup of oil and stir fry the spice mix in a wok or wide bottom  pan until the water is incorporated and the oil rises to the top. About 10 mins. Leave to cool. Store in airtight pot and make sure there is a layer of oil on top. Store in fridge.

I used 150ml of yoghurt and 2 tblspns of the tandoori paste as a marinade on the thighs. I had skinned and trimmed the fat off the thighs. Pricked with a fork and put some deep slashes in the thigh meat and left them in marinade for at least 2 hours and maybe overnight in the fridge.

I bbqed direct for 4 or 5 mins  on direct heat and then medium heat indirect. Brushing with more of the marinade after 17 mins. I turned the thighs over once. Take off and serve once thighs reach 74 degs c. About 35 mins.

Fruity aromatic tandoori masala chicken. No red food colouring lije you see in takeaways....tasty. served on lettuce leaves. 

20200717_180417.thumb.jpg.959f0e1d328c62b35d4a3f445d638614.jpg

• Like 4

@Justin  you sir are a legend..

Today was the day but I didn’t wanna shout too soon .. but...

17FA3C00-D8E4-4C08-AAD0-5EC6725492FB.thumb.jpeg.0f83b5dff30019e9807eb84bd073d532.jpeg

I was up at 05:44 this morning getting this ready.. de-skinned and de-boned chicken thighs...( my dogs thank you )

Marinaded for 12 hours

6E2177F3-E1EC-44C7-ADB6-8467B49C726A.thumb.jpeg.4fb42572684355bb73bbcec7211b3d6d.jpeg

Straight off the bbq with a Tandoori Masala and paprika natural yogurt dip.

4E7DC9DE-2B77-454D-8991-411A74DA4120.thumb.jpeg.066f9ea1fb5e436f6a16f63daa6b8cd0.jpeg

Chopped up and ready for Romaine lettuce as you suggested.

Also did a bucket of coleslaw and some bbq’ed Tomatoes.

Doubt it was as good as yours.. but as a first time.. none of us have complaints..

Dogs want me to do it again tomorrow 😎

( 3 Border Collies )

Thank you Justin .... Outstanding 👍👍

Excellent, well done, glad you enjoyed it, did you make the paste up  and have some left for next time. I have. I did not debone  mine; just skinned them, I think bone in leaves more flavour but each to their own experience  and opinion of course.

Yeah I did make up the paste but only enough for this time, just in case it went horribly wrong.

I like to take the bone out of thighs as I find they cook easier on the griddle and pretty much flash cook over charcoal.

Now got me looking at Tandoor ovens 🙄