When Your Time Is Up

Well guys Grilling on my old faithful last night(Thursday) and something was bought to my attention.

I have burnt through my beloved Outback which I purchased in June 1991.

It is or was awesome as a grill, measuring 36x18 inches for grill size split 50/50,with very thick heavy

cast grill plates. So 29 years of parties family do's and just sexy Steak for two. Full of memories, but

what do I replace with. I offered Gas ,a firm no, same to pellet(my choice). As I have the WSM and we

split on the grill?

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Sheds-Patio/Smoke-Hollow-36-914cm-Premium-Charcoal-Barbecue/p/1900677

This was her choice, and mine at just over £200 good value I think???

We have a baby gas twin burner in the shed been there 5 years.

1 hour ago, Gaza the Instructor said:

Well guys Grilling on my old faithful last night(Thursday) and something was bought to my attention.

I have burnt through my beloved Outback which I purchased in June 1991.

It is or was awesome as a grill, measuring 36x18 inches for grill size split 50/50,with very thick heavy

cast grill plates. So 29 years of parties family do's and just sexy Steak for two. Full of memories, but

what do I replace with. I offered Gas ,a firm no, same to pellet(my choice). As I have the WSM and we

split on the grill?

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Sheds-Patio/Smoke-Hollow-36-914cm-Premium-Charcoal-Barbecue/p/1900677

This was her choice, and mine at just over £200 good value I think???

We have a baby gas twin burner in the shed been there 5 years.

Have you a picture of the “wear and tear” as it maybe possible to repair for less than the potential replacement.

look around for a blacksmith/fabricator/agricultural/plants repairs man in your local area, mine recently upped sticks and moved to France🤬 had some new grates fabricated for a 25 year old thermos gasser after about 18 years got another 4 years out of it before the ally fire box finally cried enough, have to admit wasn’t cared for at all and general abused, but that was because it fell 20 feet on road stone when the “digger driver tried to move it in the bucket with a 10 tonner”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, U can do that again said:

ook around for a blacksmith/fabricator/agricultural/plants repairs

I agree 100% Gaza....well worth it and could cost less....must admit I'm not a fan of those grills above...just my 2 cents...😉

Ice.

Hope your replacement is as faithful as it’s predecessor, having previously spent a fair amount of time researching before pulling the trigger on Q’s , lucky to have friends in the states in the Q trade, Smoke Hollow doesn’t rate very highly, message sent last night just got a laughing icon and that they don’t last very long or fuel efficient but hope to be proved wrong🤞