Tongs

davew

Right lets get this straight....... tongs hate me with passion, always have

I can never get on with any tongs, they always annoy me and let me down, just not strong enough or not able to get a grip say 1/2 chicken

What do you guys use and recommend

Oh long reach be best if possible of cause

I have always dropped burgers and sausages with different tongs...I always put it down to being clumsy.

Until I got a set of the round clamshell ones (look like slightly big metal salad tongs), now i very rarely drop anything with them👍😁 

https://www.bbqworld.co.uk/m/monolith-kamado/monolith-kamado-grill-tongs.asp

Like these but cheaper, I picked them up in Lidl last year😁

Edited by AdamG
added link for picture

hi AdamG, thank you for the information

I have tried these and they have a nice long reach , just like this £1 shop they were great but they had a mind of there own, just really cheap so guess that was the real problem

I'll check some quality pairs out and see what others say before ordering

i think mine were about 8 pound?

my last ones would move out of alignment really easy....resulting in sausages flinging up in the air as im about to put them in the bread rolls lol.

another pair required excessive force to pick things up due to them bending....felt like you was using those teddy cranes you see at the arcades lol

i use 2, a long reach weber one and a cheap metal one, the cheap one is good for wedges, soinks, moinks etc, seems easier to handle as they are short, the weber ones are brill for bigger stuff like a whole bird etc, and for even bigger chunks of meat, i use both.

have had the weber ones for years but i get a new cheapie every year, think about a couple of quid from wilkos'.

• Like 1

I use ‘Raymond Blanc’ tongs. I have had the current pair for at least 6 years. I always look after Christmas for deals. They have been washed in the dishwasher probably 3 times a week and I have never had any issues with the working mechanism.

7 hours ago, smokeyjoe said:

i use 2, a long reach weber one and a cheap metal one, the cheap one is good for wedges, soinks, moinks etc, seems easier to handle as they are short, the weber ones are brill for bigger stuff like a whole bird etc, and for even bigger chunks of meat, i use both.

have had the weber ones for years but i get a new cheapie every year, think about a couple of quid from wilkos'.

Same here have the Weber ones and very well made and used often (got them for less than half price at the B&Q website over the winter). To go alongside them once again picked them up half price over the winter but it is a cracking tool for picking up large pieces of meat or loads of chicken wings at once NAPOLEON STAINLESS STEEL WIDE SPATULA - 70017, great wide spatula with firm handle, probably use it more than the tongs tbh

Edited by sotv

6 hours ago, David said:

I use ‘Raymond Blanc’ tongs. I have had the current pair for at least 6 years. I always look after Christmas for deals. They have been washed in the dishwasher probably 3 times a week and I have never had any issues with the working mechanism.

Hii David
maybe i being silly, cant find these to buy, do you know where

Thanks for all your help, a bit of a mission for me, so hope helped everyone as well

Lots and lots of checking and I have seen video yesterday of Nandos in Putney, London filmed that clearly shows grill chefs using tomgs, the long reach clam style

It's in possible to tell the exact ones, but that’s what I will now look  for a pair, a couple of ideas on here, so ill post back when I order

Thanks everyone, very kind