Hi from the Black Country

Tiny

Hi, I've been browsing on the forum for a while now, I've an Aldi Kamado due to arrive tomorrow, so thought it time to join the forum!

We've been enjoying basic grill BBQing for a good few years both at home and when we're off travelling in our campervan, looking to up my game a bit now though! Our garden kettle BBQ has just about had it's day, leaving us with a small Landmann kettle BBQ & a gas Cadac, both of which are our camping set up.

We chose the Aldi Kamado, after reading reviews on it and as a cheap way to get into Kamado cooking, I can't justify spending anymore at this time as I'm unable to work at the moment due to the lockdown ( I'm a self employed Chimney Sweep, retired Firefighter ).

Looking forward to contributing to the forum once I've found my feet!

As an aside,  it's our son's 30th birthday in two weeks time, he's currently off work and building a pizza oven in his garden kitchen. As a "surprise birthday present", we were looking to buy him a ProQ Frontier, he has dropped quite a few hints!....... I'm struggling to find one available anywhere though at the moment, if anybody could point me to one, I'd appreciate it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Hi Tiny, welcome to the Forum again.

Camper Van, no reason not to join us at one of our BBQ/Tailgate events!

Have you tried Scott at Angus & Oink? @Angus & Oink 

I've just looked at Angus & Oink and the ProQ Frontier is sold out.

I'm pretty sure that a Kamado wouldn't fit into the back of our VW Campervan! lol

Thanks for the welcome!

2 hours ago, Tiny said:

I've just looked at Angus & Oink and the ProQ Frontier is sold out.

I'm pretty sure that a Kamado wouldn't fit into the back of our VW Campervan! lol

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi & welcome, I was looking the other day for a friend and couldn't see any anywhere a few places still had the Excel for sale. If you can hold on til 28/5 best bet is to pre-order with Macsbbq @Mack

I believe he is the importer and distributor of them, so I would imagine he will have them available first for dispatch, when they arrive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sotv said:

Hi & welcome, I was looking the other day for a friend and couldn't see any anywhere a few places still had the Excel for sale. If you can hold on til 28/5 best bet is to pre-order with Macsbbq @Mack

I believe he is the importer and distributor of them, so I would imagine he will have them available first for dispatch, when they arrive?

Thanks for the info, I've just been messaging him and everything you've stated above is correct.

Welcome Tiny...your in the best place for any info on BBQ'ing mate....ProQ is a nice bit of kit...had one for just over a year now.

14 hours ago, Tiny said:

I've an Aldi Kamado due to arrive tomorrow, so thought it time to join the forum!

Just waiting  now for the delivery....so wonder what you'll be doing today??  nice weekend from what I hear weather wise.

Ice.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:28 AM, Icefever said:

Welcome Tiny...your in the best place for any info on BBQ'ing mate....ProQ is a nice bit of kit...had one for just over a year now.

Just waiting  now for the delivery....so wonder what you'll be doing today??  nice weekend from what I hear weather wise.

Ice.

Thanks for the welcome Ice.

The Aldi Kamado arrived in pretty near perfect condition with just a small scratch on the handle.

We gave it a seasoning fire last night and threw a few burgers and bratwursts on, tomorrow we'll be trying a spatchcock chicken. both of my brothers are butcher shop managers, so next weekend we'll be getting more meat to try low and slow cooking.