Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

New Firmware out 4054 for it. Seems to be mainly for Smokeboost from Webers description. Got a couple of racks of ribs on at the moment, put Smokeboost on for just over an hour, worked fine, when set 250F temp after Smokeboost showed it had been running at 180F

Overall I though my startup seemed a little slower, but machine sounded much quieter fan wise (not tested at 600F yet). I got the impression there was more visible smoke out the back of the machine on Smokeboost since this update.  

Will update if any problems at end of cook, fingers crossed it works ok.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sotv said:

New Firmware out 4054 for it. Seems to be mainly for Smokeboost from Webers description. Got a couple of racks of ribs on at the moment, put Smokeboost on for just over an hour, worked fine, when set 250F temp after Smokeboost showed it had been running at 180F

Overall I though my startup seemed a little slower, but machine sounded much quieter fan wise (not tested at 600F yet). I got the impression there was more visible smoke out the back of the machine on Smokeboost since this update.  

Will update if any problems at end of cook, fingers crossed it works ok.

I'm kind of scared to update mine.  I've only just got the grill back to working properly again!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Simon.W said:

I'm kind of scared to update mine.  I've only just got the grill back to working properly again!

I know what you mean 4042 worked flawlessly for me, got to go with it and trust them. Fingers crossed it's a step forward and not a step back

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought a GMG Pizza Pellet Grill Attachment for my Smokefire, other users have said it works well with the Smokefire and a couple of people have added a modded pipe down the the fire pot, to get temps up to 800f+ which is pretty good for a grill and more than enough heat for a decent pizza. Mine has cost with pipe just under £170

Screenshot2021-04-29at21.27.29_3dd9268e-

These aren't my pictures, but will add some once I get it up and running.

f8uop3vbovv81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

This is where the pipe will go to cover the gap between the pizza attachment and burn pot to retain more heat, the 2 pictures below show it without the pipe mod

20220423_175526-jpg.5337

capture-png.5324

Will probably trim the 2 front tabs tabs if needed to fit flush with the grate runners, 

20220423_175603-jpg.5338

20220423_175611-jpg.5339

278792166_10158353774917714_804382166664

oohqpavbovv81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

zbdzbhvbovv81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...