Found in Tesco

Reading about the Bulls-eye sauces, reminded me that when we came away from the lamb butchery we popped into Tesco nearby,  and they have a USA section.

We noticed a couple of bottles of sauce so thought,  why not has I had ribs planned for the Sunday lets try them. Well, I cut the rack into two, I made a rub off the Y-tube, covered both and on the frontier they went.
At the 2 hour mark, I took them off and did one sauce on the one-half rack, and t'other on t'other half rack.  

Must admit they were beautiful, not too hot yet the taste, the raspberry one was by far the stronger of the two. All we need to do now is to try and copy them both.  m0103.gif

Ice.  m0122.gif

IMG_20190618_090756342.thumb.jpg.b2626b57ec90b55125178151a12ab471.jpg

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Montyb82 said:

I saw the bullseye sauces yesterday in Aldi not used them before any good?

Same here Monty....but those that have used them say they are good,  I'll find out on Sunday can't make up my mind what to cook yet.

Ice.

5 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I'll find out on Sunday can't make up my mind what to cook yet.

Cook it all ! :) Everything. All the meat!

I haven't got anything in, so it will depend on my local farm shops stock. Or i might take a trip to Bookers tonight. 

Phil.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Same here Monty....but those that have used them say they are good,  I'll find out on Sunday can't make up my mind what to cook yet.

Ice.

If you don't fancy ribs, Bulls Eye sauces go well with burnt ends (Pork belly or Poor mans) I think.

40 minutes ago, sotv said:

Eye sauces go well with burnt ends (Pork belly or Poor mans) I think.

We're off out later may see if I can get hold of some pork belly,  watched BBQright doing bacon burnt ends..:thumb1:  I have a slab of smoked bacon that would work well I think??? 

Ice.

ps....way too much sugar for me??

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Icefever said:

ps....way too much sugar for me??

Maybe the sure balances out the saltiness?

I havent made bacon burnt ends, but pork belly burnt ends are awesome, although I did use less butter and honey than recommended. I will increase next time as they didnt have the stickyness.

Phil.

Fresh mate...in a bag of 4,  not sure weight wise but it came out about £30/£34.......at Warwick they will sell what you want, if you want just one or a couple....in that post of mine on Tri-tips you see the photo of the 4, different sizes.  They are Beef flat or Beef tail....

Ice.

I've just tried to log onto any other store but it keeps taking me back to the Warwick one,  I was thinking of checking any store in the area but it's not possible,  maybe a phone call to the butchery section asking if they have Rump tail.

Ice.