Bone in Rib

HeyBertHeyErnie

So, you lucky guys and gals are going to be treated to my smoking ineptitude twice in one weekend!!

Went to get some charcoal and salad and got this beauty for £13.

Just dry rubbed in salt paprika garlic onion sugar and cumin and I'll leave it for an hour before chucking it on. Probably gonna indirect but hot with a pan of water under it. Any advice? 

It's pretty big so I guess the sausages can wait till tomorrow 😁👍 The wife thinks it's all for me at the moment 😂😂

IMG_20190419_133812.jpg

IMG_20190419_134033.jpg

• Like 1

Well, you be the judge but it tasted fantastic, will be doing that again. Couple of pictures pre-sear plus a post sear and the inside. Cooked it just over 2 hours about 165-170 till IT of 55 then seared for 1 minute. The fat just dropped out and I was holding it in grease flames for a minute, tasted great. My phone seems to pink it up a but but it was definitely rare.

IMG_20190419_161327.jpg

IMG_20190419_161335.jpg

IMG_20190419_161555.jpg

IMG_20190419_161731.jpg

IMG_20190419_162015.jpg

IMG_20190419_162020.jpg

• Like 2

I did a joint last year which I covered with salt, pepper, olive oil, rosemary and thyme. Really gave the meat a great flavour. With regards to the smoke, was it because the briquettes weren’t fully lit or did you put too much wood in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Herb rubs can be good, especially if you have to be careful about sugar intake like myself. Used this on beef, lamb and chicken and works well. Not the cheapest but good flavour straight out the container Greek Seasoning

That looks good. I’ve tried cutting a lot of sugar out my diet so I’m looking into more sugar-free rubs at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, Simon said:

That looks good. I’ve tried cutting a lot of sugar out my diet so I’m looking into more sugar-free rubs at the moment. 

Speaking as a man with the worst sweet tooth/willpower combination I know, I should embrace every opportunity to cut sugar from my diet and I really do want to. 

Definitely starting on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday depending how Tuesday goes....😂

I've just sat watching a bit of Tele, got peckish, ate 3/4 of a tube of Mini Eggs. 😥  Starting again froooom.....Now.

• Haha 3