Love Cooking With My Dutch Oven

sotv

First off I have to admit since getting it for xmas haven't used it outdoors yet. But using it in my cooker at home, it has changed the way I view and taste roasts or braised meats now. I have cooked Beef, Brisket, Lamb, Chicken, Duck and even done No Knead Bread in it. I use it at least twice a week and haven't had one badly cooked meal from it and the flavour and tenderness of the meats whether cooked high temp or lo&slo has been exceptional. Love it and can't wait to use it outdoors for cooking meats that have been smoked for a couple of hours then finished in the dutch oven. They seal and regulate the temp inside them so well.

Got this model the Lodge 4.7 litre Double Dutch Oven, big enough for a whole chicken or duck or a 2kg piece of meat, more if diced (along with liquid and things like potatoes and veg. Lid can be used as a skillet for frying. Not cheap, but very well made and should easily outlast me.

dutch.jpg

Edited by sotv