Leftovers by design

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AdamG said:

I need to get a vacuum sealer for my leftovers๐Ÿ‘

With the price of food now a days it's almost a must. Also, for me it's only me and the old lady and we're both old. I like to smoke stuff but most good stuff to smoke is like lbs of meat. We can't eat that much before it goes bad. I tend to make 3 times as much as I need and freeze 2/3rds

• Like 1

6 hours ago, negolien said:

I also do more than I need I purchased a vacuum sealer for bags and it's saved me a ton of money

My vacuum sealers are probably one of the most used tools in my kitchen. I mostly use them commercially but like you, I also use them to save/freeze leftover food. They are also good when applying overnight rubs and also when cooking sous vide.

Among the main advantages of vac packing food for the frezer

• It reduces the air (oxygen) around the food and so reduces the rate ofย spoilage
  • It prevents the loss of water through evapouration (especially when in the freezer) and prevents freezer burn
  • It allows you to pack and freeze liquids (soups, sauces, marinades etc.) flat in bags which will then stack more efficiently in the freezer
  • Split up large bulk packs of food (e.g. chicken pieces, sausages etc.) into portion size quanties before freezing

If you can stretch to a chamber vacuum sealer then that is great however there are some really good side-suck ones available now for around ยฃ100

image.thumb.png.38797e5c74c1b4deebfe744c26aade12.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...