Beef ribs goin on

negolien

Was gonna let em ride but that stall started kicking in right after that post lol. Wrapped em after a last spritz then in with some of that wagyu tallow and I pulled the beans. Been about 4 hours now. Also made the brownies :<). I already made the macaroni salad last night.

20230519_044233.jpg

wrap 1.jpg

wrap 3.jpg

• Like 1

Sup All,

Had to take a nap after finishing them lol. I work nights usually drink when I cook and we're not supposed to bbq here so you'll see a lot of midnight cooks from me.

The close to 6 lbs of ribs came out almost perfect after about 8 hours. That stall was pretty nasty. I put down almost 3/4th cup of the wagyu tallow on the paper then put the ribs  meat side down on the tallow then meat side down when they went back on the grill just like pork ribs. I ran em till 205 just because I had a good probe spot and figured if they weren't done I could not put em back in... 

I am pretty happy with them. I used regular safeway signature select briquettes and apple and cherry chunks in the hopper. I forget to put wood in the hopper with the briquettes so smoke rings not crazy strong. I probably could have pulled them at 198 but I didn't wanna try judging doneness by probing thru paper for feel of butter so I just let em ride to 205. Pics are from my phone so not the best sorry lol. Rub was spg over regular Frenches mustard with a thin layer of Lanes seasoning spellbound rub. Meat was fabulous straight melt in your mouth and very very moist Sorry but I couldn't bring myself to video squeezing all the juice out of em /snicker lol.

finished 1.jpg

finished 2.jpg

finished 4.jpg

finished 5.jpg

finished 6.jpg

finshed 3.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AdamG said:

Look delicious @negolien 👍🍻

I need to do some short ribs soon, not done any for a while.

How come your not allowed to bbq?

Thanks for sharing the pics 😋

I live in an apartment complex and they cry about bbq's. lived here almost 30 years ain't burnt the place down yet lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamG said:

They will probably cry this time because they aint gettin any of those beef short ribs, just the smell😂😜

I may have to try the beans under the ribs next time, that sounds great😋

LOL was funny you say that because it was getting to be pretty late in the morning. I live not far from the office and was expecting a visit due to the wafting smoke LOL

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 11:54 PM, negolien said:

Sup All,

Had to take a nap after finishing them lol. I work nights usually drink when I cook and we're not supposed to bbq here so you'll see a lot of midnight cooks from me.

The close to 6 lbs of ribs came out almost perfect after about 8 hours. That stall was pretty nasty. I put down almost 3/4th cup of the wagyu tallow on the paper then put the ribs  meat side down on the tallow then meat side down when they went back on the grill just like pork ribs. I ran em till 205 just because I had a good probe spot and figured if they weren't done I could not put em back in... 

I am pretty happy with them. I used regular safeway signature select briquettes and apple and cherry chunks in the hopper. I forget to put wood in the hopper with the briquettes so smoke rings not crazy strong. I probably could have pulled them at 198 but I didn't wanna try judging doneness by probing thru paper for feel of butter so I just let em ride to 205. Pics are from my phone so not the best sorry lol. Rub was spg over regular Frenches mustard with a thin layer of Lanes seasoning spellbound rub. Meat was fabulous straight melt in your mouth and very very moist Sorry but I couldn't bring myself to video squeezing all the juice out of em /snicker lol.

finished 1.jpg

finished 2.jpg

finished 4.jpg

finished 5.jpg

finished 6.jpg

finshed 3.jpg

Impressive

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have been motivated to do first ever beef ribs, using the kettle rather than my bullet smoker, just moved still putting things away.....found bits to make rub based on Grillstock house rub. Using briquettes & oak, hopefully get a sort of ratatouille done to go with them. Ribs from my local butcher, just walked in & on display......

16858767203451025376536277091334.jpg

• Like 2

About 250mm long or 10 inches long, 50mm or 2inches wide, depth/height varied between 30/60mm 1.5 /2.5 inches I would guess. Just sold as beef ribs by local butcher.

Cooked them to tenderness rather than temp, didn’t use a meater + , just a thermapen, guess temp was around 90/95c or 190f at a guess.

Next time will pay more attention 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:45 AM, U can do that again said:

About 250mm long or 10 inches long, 50mm or 2inches wide, depth/height varied between 30/60mm 1.5 /2.5 inches I would guess. Just sold as beef ribs by local butcher.

Cooked them to tenderness rather than temp, didn’t use a meater + , just a thermapen, guess temp was around 90/95c or 190f at a guess.

Next time will pay more attention 

you sounds like you're outside the us which would explain it. Where u at? I feel bad for some of my buddies down under and in the uk too they have a hard time getting good beef.

• Confused 1