Smokin Monkey

Cold Smoke

OK, my ProQ should be fine then. I'll give it a try this afternoon. Obviously I've been overdoing it. I'm not renowned for my subtlety at the best of times 😁

Yes, a tube smoker will produce a lot more smoke than you need in an incinerator smoker.

As I'm finding out! You live and learn, though I haven't actually ruined anything yet apart from my first lot of cheese which got too hot and melted!

11 minutes ago, Dick Bee said:

I haven't actually ruined anything yet apart from my first lot of cheese which got too hot and melted!

Don't be to hard on yourself about that... We have all done it a some point :th_crybaby2:

Don't forger that it does not have to look "smoked" to be smoked. Some commercial smoked cheese use paprika to give it colour. The smoked cheese I sell does not have any colour at all apart from the natural cheese colour.

• Like 1

Indeed, and very nice it is too! Mine is now vacuum packed and in the fridge for a few weeks. We still have one of yours unopened. Won't stay that way for long!

• Like 4

I would leave it at least 4 weeks vacced  it in the fridge, sure have a taste but the longer it is left the better (within reason). the stuff I have got in fridge left at the moment has been there 8 weeks and it is lovely