Applying Rubs To Meat

sotv

Currently make a fresh batch up for ever cook using a fine mesh sieve, to apply it. Thinking of getting something like one of these shakers Amazon Think it might be a bit too fine the mesh though? I run my rub ingredients through a grinder first, but darker sugars can become very fine doing this but will firm up and can clump into small balls again over a few weeks, I find.

Think the idea of one is sound as this will store it as well as has a seperate lid to keep the Rub fresh for a while. Anyone have a tried and trusted implement they have and use regularly they can recommend to shake the rub over the meat and keep it airtight and fresh for a few weeks at least

Bought the Kitchencraft with the medium hole from Amazon yesterday, for under £6 hopefully will do the job and not to big a layout to find out. Hoping it will give a more even layer of rub over the meat and not peaks of rub that the sieve can leave.