fish in a kamado

andya

it's almost mackerel time again in the firth of forth and i tend to catch a fair few every year and love to hot smoke them, but i'd heard that some folk wont cook them in their kamados as the smell lingers and taints meat cooks afterwards ?

any truth to this, i know they are super oily and stink a fair bit . in my old pro q excell i used to just give a wee jet wash afterwards and all was good but does it really get into the ceramic pores of the kamado ?

35 minutes ago, andya said:

... i fired up the pro q ( gets uglier and rustier looking by the month ) but still gets the job done as my back up cooker now 

What you mean is that it is developing character :yahoo:

yeah-something like that...along with character it developed new doors ( twice), new additional rope seals, new home made fire basket, new grills, new rotisserie addition and a few man made holes for various probes in days gone by since she was new...........but still capable of turning out a long and slow until the new kamado sidelined her.

• Like 1