Need recommendations on some Ceramic egg accessories.....

Handyjayes

Whilst I am waiting for my first Ceramic egg to arrive, I thought I would get some accessories ordered up but see there's a lot to chose from.

Could advice be for accessories that are available in the United Kingdom please, as that's where I am.

Looking for recommendations and links for the following.. (not looking at top of the range, all singing, all dancing, expensive accessories, but middle of the range,

that won't break the bank but are very acceptable to use in an egg ty)....

1. Gloves

2. Pizza stone/ or similar (to fit a 24" pit boss type egg - Mine is a Louisiana 24" grill from Costco UK)

3. Woodchips for flavour

4. Lumpwood

5. An aftermarket Ash box supplier (That slides into the egg under ash bowl and grate to collect ash)

6. If there is anything else that you might recommend then it'll be gratefully recieved...

Many thanks.

JB

• Like 1

Thanks Mick. That's classed as expensive lump wood in my book... £18 for 12/15 kilos for restaurant grade is what I have been seeing in a few places...

£34 for 15 kilo is making it too much of a luxury and not a 'to use all the time' bbq... 

The reason I was going down the woodchip road, was because I was going to do the soaking in water method and then wrapping in foil with some holes poked in it.

I didn't want to start a fire in the egg and have it smoke a lot, I just wanted the aroma to help flavour the food a little...

Guess I'll need to read up a bit more on this subject.... Thanks for the reply..

Yes it is expensive, I use it for long cooks at low temperatures, and use cheaper for high temperature cooks, not sure if the foil trick will work as well as a lump of wood, not heard of anyone using it in a kamado.

A pizza stone is a must kamados make the best pizzas

4 minutes ago, Mick said:

Yes it is expensive, I use it for long cooks at low temperatures, and use cheaper for high temperature cooks, not sure if the foil trick will work as well as a lump of wood, not heard of anyone using it in a kamado.

A pizza stone is a must kamados make the best pizzas

OK thanks for the heads up Mick. I will take a better look into this. Appreciate it 👍

6 hours ago, Mick said:

Lots of YouTube vids on bases and set ups, John setzler I think is his name does good ones

You're not wrong lol... I am loosing days atm watching and looking up recommendations etc etc... 

It's all so addictive for me as a newbie!

• Like 1