trying a new butcher

flearider

so got my order from Sherwood foods .. 

tri-tip nice .. point end ..nice  Picanha..nice   .. jacobs ladder .. abysmal it was only one layer barely any meat  .. so sent an email off with pics .

now it was supposed to be above 1.2 kg but was only 1kg  so they rang me .. after a nice chat there sending another out next week foc .. 

but i don't think i'll be ordering off them again .. .. or if i do no ladders next time .. 

doing the tip tom .. whish me luck . 

• Thanks 1

That's a shame, at least they are rectifying it, I was looking at their Jacobs Ladder as well the other day from them as it seems to be cut from the right bones. 

Looks like my search will have to go on for the picture I posted in another thread. Got an enquiry in with fieldandflower to see which ribs their Jacobs Ladder are cut from, as they look quite meaty from the picture.

18 hours ago, flearider said:

well i just received my replacement from them .. 6 bone ladder and a pack of sausages ..  nice :)

ladder is thick at one end  and thin at the other ..  

Sounds good, glad they sorted you out.

Popping into my local butchers tomorrow, he said they get the fresh beef carcasses in on a Thursday and he seemed to know the cut I wanted and said he would cut it from the carcass for me in the shop, if I go in. Fingers crossed i can finally get some ribs like this, that I have been looking for, for a while.

2037551442_ShortRibs_Plate.thumb.jpg.04e6e2f49309168b19b89cd603aa359f.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, flearider said:

well i just received my replacement from them .. 6 bone ladder and a pack of sausages ..  nice :)

ladder is thick at one end  and thin at the other ..  

I know you weren't happy with parts of your order, but what did you think of the quality of the meat overall? Thinking of giving them ago for some pork products. Do they have a discount code for first time customers or orders, that you know of? 

1 hour ago, sotv said:

I know you weren't happy with parts of your order, but what did you think of the quality of the meat overall? Thinking of giving them ago for some pork products. Do they have a discount code for first time customers or orders, that you know of? 

dont get me wrong it was just the short ribs  the 3's .. i ordered £90 worth of meat and the rest was spot on .. really enjoyed it .. 

and they did sort out the ribs so great customer service .. 

• Like 1