Replacement Heat Deflector for Aldi Kamado

Simon9999

Hi!

I've got an Aldi Kamado which I got last year.  I removed the heat deflector last week to clean it out and set-up but the snapped in my hand.  I'm struggling to find a replacement or a new plate setter that will fit.  I've tried looking at BGE but I can't find the actual measurements or dimension to compare.

Any ideas of where I can get a replacement?

thanks

my plate cracked in two this morning and I now also looking for a fix;

I found the dimensions listed on this review; 

http://www.love2bbq.co.uk/2020/05/09/aldi-kamado-review/

The heat deflector is a single-piece ceramic, 10mm thick and 29cm diameter.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, frizz said:

is 3mm thick enough for the heat deflected?

also can a steel plate be used as a pizza stone?

what would be a suitable thickness?

and any diameter sizes?

I'd be keen to see an answer to this one as well.  I've now ordered a 3mm steel deflector from ebay.  If I wanted to do pizza, can I cook straight on this deflector, or do I just place a pizza stone straight on top of the deflector?

On 4/24/2021 at 5:20 PM, Carlos said:

Are we using drip pans or water pans in these kamados. Or are we letting the drippings land on the deflector and burn off?

Keen to know how to go about this too for those bigger slow and low cuts where space is at a premium

Edited by JB.1981
clarity

I have a 5mm steel deflector that doubles up as a pizza steel, bought from Steel Smokin on FB. If it's been used as a deflector previously I'll give it a clean with a scotchbrite pad before using as a steel.

For setting up the kamado for pizza I usually put the deflector in, have the extra level rack on top of the grill and the pizza steel on top of that.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JB.1981 said:
On 4/24/2021 at 5:20 PM, Carlos said:

Are we using drip pans or water pans in these kamados. Or are we letting the drippings land on the deflector and burn off?

Keen to know how to go about this too for those bigger slow and low cuts where space is at a premium

If doing a long slow cook then I use a drip pan underneath, no water though, not needed in a kamado as by design they create a moist environment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tedmus said:

If doing a long slow cook then I use a drip pan underneath, no water though, not needed in a kamado as by design they create a moist environment.

so you must have some kind of rack that raises the cooking grate someway above your deflector?  do you have any pics of this setup?

1 hour ago, JB.1981 said:

so you must have some kind of rack that raises the cooking grate someway above your deflector?  do you have any pics of this setup?

Nope, I just put a tray directly onto the deflector underneath the meat. Depending on the size of the meat it might not catch all the drips but as long as it gets most I'm alright with that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok final managed to get my hands on a kamodo .

as for the full set of deflector plates I'm going to order from my local engineering laser cutters.

29cm disc deflector

33cm top plate/pizza flat plate.

29cm in half for split deflector.

all in 5 mm stainless.

its a lot cheaper than from ebay if you have one its worth a try.

not sure what delivery would be like due to the weight once I've got mine i'll weight them and see what it would be.

i could possibly get a few sets done.