Hello from Lewisham...

CrackWilliams

Hello one and all - new joiner based in SE London...

For the last year or so I've been using a weber with some very good results (piccy's attached of this weeks efforts, salt moss aged beef back ribs), though saw the Aldi Kamado yesterday and purchased - it was then that I stumbled across this website. I must admit having read the Aldi thread, I'm quite nervous as to what I'm going to receive - please keep fingers crossed.

I'm wanting to move on from the weber as find it quite difficult to maintain the temps, I'm hoping this entry level kamado will solve that!

Anyway, hello one and all :)

b97b504d-3acb-437a-97c6-155fa2470652.jpg

1fbdf4d0-04ac-4b07-a27b-fa9ae25e7ff8.jpg

0add915d-53b9-4171-ad8a-4276826ff360.jpg

752d2885-2d17-4bbb-9e3c-f2fe008f9598.jpg

Hi and:welcome: .  I'm sure the Kamado will come with no issues. I bought the smaller one from Lidl last year and love it. I have  experience on a WSM and have founf the basics I've learned from there really transferable. I'm sure your knowledge from the kettle will be similar. I'd recommend using lump in the Kamado in stead of briquettes. and biggest advice is to not try to overshoot temp as kamados are a pain to bring back down. 

• Like 1