Hello from the Yorkshire Wolds

BigT70

Good Morning,

Stumbled across the site while researching a smoker, which I have now bought and am awaiting delivery.  

As most. I've BBQ'd burger and such, but I have also smoked some joints.

looking forward to getting started with the new rig and doing some cooking.

All the best

Trevor

Edited by BigT70

Hello Trevor, Welcome, loads of experience on here, Excellent library of reviews and advice from experienced people. If you can not find what you are looking for shout out and we can do our best to help you. Looking forward to your adventures  when your smoker turns up. What model have you bought?

Edited by Justin

21 hours ago, Icefever said:

Welcome Trevor....Where abouts in the wolds are you?? I was born in Yorkshire, (Pocklington) now live in Warwick. Which smoker did you end up with?...whichever it is your in the best UK site out....any questions just shout out lad.

Ice.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the welcome.  I live in a small village called Skirpenbeck.  I went to school in Pockington and visit it often.
Actually it's the Landmann Kentucky Smoker, I've ordered the stove rope and will wait to see if I need to order any sealer for the welds.

Cheers

T

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

OK, you will get help here on modding that in the build to get it tip top and hints on the fire box as I remember

Yes, this is the article that I read just before I hit the buy button haha  I got it for a good price, so I'm not worried if I need to spend a little extra on the mods.

Cool, Shout out with anything you see and think what.  Be prepared mate, the build on some of these models is not aligned so well and you have to tweak. To be honest the build quality generally is much better the more money you spend which is one of the reasons ProQ and Weber are so popular, the work out of the box.  My Weber kettle is old but i have modified it again and again to keep it going, latest I add new spec ash catcher system to it . My WSM i need to redo the stove rope seals.  Tip on stove rope: make sure surface you are sticking to is absolutely clean i.e. do it before you smoke anything

Edited by Justin

1 hour ago, BigT70 said:

Thank you for the welcome.  I live in a small village called Skirpenbeck.  I went to school in Pockington and visit it often.

There's one thing about Yorkshire,  it is they know how to name a village or town.. 😂🤣...We were up in Pocklington 2018....I wanted to see where we lived,  it's just outside of the vilage on the York rd called Barmby Moor. Dad worked on Bar farm, we lived in Bar cottage....went up there and it's now an antiques place, had some interesting stuff in there..

The Langmann will give you a good return, I had one to start off with,  still have it in the shed, but use the ProQ most, looks like you've read up on the model so you should ok,  if not shout out..👍

Ice.