New To Smoking - Lets Goooo

PUD

Hi all i love to grill on the bbq so thought I'm going to give smoking some love

my smoker of choice will be the WSM 57cm after looking at many - this just looks good for me i like the set up and many say its pretty easy to stabilise a good Temp.

Happy Smoking 

PUD 

Essex

• Like 3

I have a WSM though it is the small one, Still big enough to do 4 racks of ribs.  Lots of threads on forum about WSM and tricks and tips to stabilise temps, I had weber briquettes and water (not sand as not got any at the moment) in a foil lined bowl going for 3 hours at 90 to 110 degs c the other day.  Obviously the wind and sunshine makes a difference to set up at those sort of temps. Have you got some sort of temp probes to help you monitor temp already. Also i made simple wheeled doily to put it on so I can move it around easy on my patio

https://www.woodsmokeforum.uk/search/?q=WSM&quick=1

On 4/22/2020 at 2:35 PM, Justin said:

I have a WSM though it is the small one, Still big enough to do 4 racks of ribs.  Lots of threads on forum about WSM and tricks and tips to stabilise temps, I had weber briquettes and water (not sand as not got any at the moment) in a foil lined bowl going for 3 hours at 90 to 110 degs c the other day.  Obviously the wind and sunshine makes a difference to set up at those sort of temps. Have you got some sort of temp probes to help you monitor temp already. Also i made simple wheeled doily to put it on so I can move it around easy on my patio

https://www.woodsmokeforum.uk/search/?q=WSM&quick=1

Cheers mate I'm going to have a good dig through 

Thank you 

23 hours ago, hoogl said:

Hi and :welcome:, I've also got the 57cm WSM. Need to be careful as it quickly becomes a gateway to other smokers😁.

The WSM is a great smoker and I have also used just the bottom and lid to cook in a more Kettle style format. 

Hi Mate yeah it endless lol