How To Cold Smoke

Smokin Monkey

5 hours seems an awful long time for those small blocks of cheese. I tend to smoke portions of around 250g to 300g for 2.5 -3 hrs max and that is plenty for my tastes leave to stand for 12-24 hours in clingfilm in the fridge and then stick them in vac bags for 2-3 weeks to let the flavour mellow and settle. I appreciate everyone's tastes  are different though.

• Like 1

I don't think Marcus does a lot of cold smoking himself but it is good that he is encouraging others to try. Smoked cheese is really at the entry level for cold smoking. Yes, 5 hours is rather a long time but it can depend on the type of wood you are using and the density of the smoke. It would have been good for him to have also explained that it is better left to rest for at least a couple of weeks before eating too. He is putting out a lot of videos on different topics (some now unfortunately as paid for product placements 😞 ) and so some are bound to be a little short on technique.

• Like 1

Seen as @Wade has brought the subject up of Product Placement (advertising) I think we need to explain things.

A couple of years ago, there was some fury, that high profile people in the BBQ world where Advertising/Recommending a certain brand of equipment. Unfortunately this company took a lot of money from the BBQ Community but never delivered the goods. So it was decided that notification would be added to posts etc to inform the community.

The addition of #spon (Sponsorship)

010ADA11-B23F-43C6-BAED-917DADEE31BC.thumb.jpeg.e2d13f0cacddcc1d5db5b4813790b50f.jpeg

#ad (Advertising)

D05D9062-B851-40B5-BB47-47C016C631B6.thumb.jpeg.a68d5dc22f9623a518fe5b7a84907334.jpeg

We have adopted the same principles on the Forum.