Side of Salmon Ocado

Justin

If anyone is thinking of doing smoked salmon Ocado are doing 840g side of salmon skin on  for £13.33 down from £20.

I have just ordered, Going to try and do smoked salmon side for Christmas (or indeed eating straight away)!

image.thumb.png.d8a942a4f5f4ae05701a88f9590123c8.png

Edited by Justin

Thanks mate £28 for 1.5 kilos so £2.58 more  than ocado  deal on 840 g equivalent, good price though. 

Cressing is just round the corner for me. Been looking for a good fishmongers, all we have in Braintree is a market van which is pretty good but expensive

Edited by Justin

OK, good idea, for the future, I have already ordered the smaller 840g salmon side so this is enough to make smoked salmon for the immediate future. Thanks mate

The tuna at the fish market van is also sushi grade, but  i believe you, not a big fan of tuna, tastes rather dry.

Anyway smoked salmon thread, lots of recipes around. @Wade do you have one?  Not a gin one, not a fan of gin. I was thinking cure then olive wood dust smoke but not sure of cure amounts or how long to smoke

19 hours ago, Justin said:

Anyway smoked salmon thread, lots of recipes around. @Wade do you have one?  Not a gin one, not a fan of gin. I was thinking cure then olive wood dust smoke but not sure of cure amounts or how long to smoke

To be honest I think a lot of the flavoured smoked salmons are a bit of a gimmick. I like the taste of nice fresh smoked salmon that tastes of salmon and smoke. For a little extra flavour I sometimes mix some fennel or dill in with the curing salts. Beetroot powder in the cure can add a bit of a "wow" factor as it gives the fish a lovely purple to pink gradient when it is sliced.

• Like 1