Brinkman

I'm not going to name the company because I genuinely feel that the problem was a one off occurrence and I was just unlucky! Suffice it to say I bought a Wi-Fi temperature system, from a well known supplier, having awaited its delivery with some barely controlled enthusiasm I was eager to use this bit of techno wizardry and prove my mastery of my cooking abilities, trust me I need all the help I can get. Anyway it didn't work is the crux of the matter! I tried everything to get this bit of kit to operate as it should but it was having none of it☹️ I packed it all up and returned it from whence it came, thank you Amazon for free returns. I did do a review of the item, very fair and unbiased, on Amazon, laying out the issues and low and behold I received firstly a reply from the maker and lately the seller apologising for any inconvenience caused. Since that reply I have been receiving free gifts from the seller! Only small items, a zester, a pair of pulled pork claws, and today a cast iron skillet set for the BBQ, the ones with the half sized handles. In total I've worked out that the free gifts now total just under a quarter of the cost for the original item! So if you have the time, it seems to pay to give a polite review, about both the product and service you experience. Shame its not an English company I'm dealing with but there we are. 

• Like 1

@Wade and myself are always honest when reviewing either equipment we have bought or things we have been given, which I will add is not a lot, the odd bag of Charcoal or Bricketts, etc.

We feel that members  of the Forum are influenced by certain people in the BBQ/Smoking world and will buy anything they see them use. The product may not always be the best, but still indorse it.

If it’s good we will say so, if it’s bad we will shout it!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

@Wade and myself are always honest when reviewing either equipment we have bought or things we have been given, which I will add is not a lot, the odd bag of Charcoal or Bricketts, etc.

We feel that members  of the Forum are influenced by certain people in the BBQ/Smoking world and will buy anything they see them use. The product may not always be the best, but still indorse it.

If it’s good we will say so, if it’s bad we will shout it!

For sure, I've been reviewing products for a number of years now and this is the first time I've ever been given anything! I review because, like you, if the product or service is good or bad then any potential buyers should be aware of the ups as well as the downs. In this case I have already given the review and posted it on a couple of well known sites and I still feel I was just unlucky on this occasion with that particular item. However, its a very nice set of cast iron skillets? 

• Like 2