Honey and Lime Glazed Baby back Ribs on WSM

Justin

I made this yesterday and it was big flavour lovely and bite off ribs.  Big flavour.

Marinade in covered roasting pan  for 4 hours  in fridge. Took out of fridge 45 mins before putting in smoker

Recipe sourced from Weber Big Book of BBQ book page 160    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Webers-Book-Barbecue-Jamie-Purviance/dp/0600628833

Marinade:

150ml oil, (I used rapeseed oil but recommended is ground nut or vegetable oil)

100ml quality light soy sauce

4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (takes about 3 limes)

2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (takes about 3 lemons)

2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)

2 tablespoons of Vietnamese  or Thai fish sauce (I used nam pla Thai fish sauce)

2 tablespoons of honey

I had two racks for two people which was perfect.  Mine weighed about 500g each recommended is 750 to 1kg each ( which would serve 4 not 2)

2 limes cut into wedges to

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves

Whisk marinade together, marinade for 4 to 6 hours, turn occasionally

Prepare grill  for roasting indirect 130 to 180c (I did 146c with WSM and Smokefire dialled in on my phone and prepped the WSM 45 mins (i.e. when I took ribs out of fridge)

Remove ribs for roasting tray and put marinade left into a pan, Bring marinade to boil an simmer for 2 minutes. leave to cool

Wrap each rack tightly in foil (this i important you do not want the meat juices to escape

Add racks to WSM indirect low heat for 1 1/4 hours, no smoking wood though

Remove from WSM and let rest for 10 mins then unwrap and our meat juices to the simmered marinade

Put racks (no fil now) back on smoke meaty side down indirect low temp for 15 minutes, turn ribs over  bone side down and leave for 45 mins to 1 hour, basting occasionally with the marinade meat juices mix

Ribs will be ready when the bones are 5mm or so exposed from the racks and if you pick up one end with tongs they should bend nicely but for me not quite tear, Weber says tears easily

Rest for 5 to 10mins

About 2 hours 40 mins in all

Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the ribs and sprinkle with chopped basil, the basil really works with the meat.  

20220814_175442.thumb.jpg.c331276dbda9192f3194bcac0dc46de5.jpg

As my ribs rack were smaller they did cook to tender one end quicker than rest to extent some bones fell out but that s ok, persevere and cook per recipe and you will get a nice  tasty  on those bits too.

20220814_175441.thumb.jpg.663b8bc06682248549f31276960e085b.jpg

Delicious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1