Jump to content

Brinkman mods


Recommended Posts

After reading up on all the mods that you can do to these smokers,  I decided to carry out a couple this afternoon.

First off was a fire basket to try and gain some sort of control over the coals.


The 2nd one which seems to be one of the most urgent ones is an air vent to help control the temp.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've spent most of this morning cutting,  drilling and fixing.   I've taken out the crap thermo in the lid and made a cover to fit,  we now have a top vent if needed.  Below is my thermo grommet for the 4 probes,  no need to have the cables over the top edge and under the lid.

It's just a strip of alloy with a strip of silicone baking tray behind.  Eash hole has a X cut to allow the probes to pass and hopefully seal around them enough to stop a lot of smoke.

Last two are of the fire gaskets around the door & Lid....you can see the gap on photo 1 around the lid,  the rope I have was too thick so I've used the flat type and added 2 lots to try and lessen the gap.






  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...