Brinkman mods

Icefever

After reading up on all the mods that you can do to these smokers,  I decided to carry out a couple this afternoon.

First off was a fire basket to try and gain some sort of control over the coals.

20180712_142546.jpg

The 2nd one which seems to be one of the most urgent ones is an air vent to help control the temp.

20180712_142515.jpg

I've spent most of this morning cutting,  drilling and fixing.   I've taken out the crap thermo in the lid and made a cover to fit,  we now have a top vent if needed.  Below is my thermo grommet for the 4 probes,  no need to have the cables over the top edge and under the lid.

It's just a strip of alloy with a strip of silicone baking tray behind.  Eash hole has a X cut to allow the probes to pass and hopefully seal around them enough to stop a lot of smoke.

Last two are of the fire gaskets around the door & Lid....you can see the gap on photo 1 around the lid,  the rope I have was too thick so I've used the flat type and added 2 lots to try and lessen the gap.

20180717_114339.jpg

20180717_114358.jpg

20180717_120300.jpg

20180717_120312.jpg

• Like 1