Fired up the wsm again this weekend

Sluggy

Got hungry so decided to fire up the smoker today. Half chickens and bacon bombs on the menu along with some pit beans. 

My version of bacon bombs consist of:- 

Lincolnshire sausage meat mixed with grated Parmesan cheese and a fatty cheese ( I used Red Leicester) along with spicy paprika and various spices, (shh). Rolled into balls and wrapped in rind on unsmoked bacon, then coated in a ready made bbq mix I buy from The Range.

Chicken is coated in a watered down golden syrup wash and then coated in a Cajun jerk rub along with spicy paprika and a few other select spices ( depending on what takes my fancy at the time).

C6420D5E-BB30-4BBD-B93A-A0E5A78E8907.thumb.jpeg.0b7b0ebba417c92a6b2fc5c3b1b6139b.jpegB7381A14-C67A-4A44-85D6-9D6BCDFFEDCB.thumb.jpeg.0ea190adbe731466a72782f92c7c44e0.jpeg

spice rubbed chicken halves and cheesy spiced bacon bombs hitting required temps and ready for stage 2 

Beans are a mix of low sugar baked beans mixed with bacon and chicken stock along with the obligatory spices.

Stage 2 is once things hit temp on the smoker I dismantle the wsm and tip remaining charcoal into my cheap barrel bbq and crisp up the skin.

79A84C6F-A6E7-459D-843A-7419FF8EE97F.thumb.jpeg.3806df1d5d1ccfdb787aef2c58360bcb.jpeg7BA7B0CB-E8B0-4072-A9D3-7807CD5D6BE3.thumb.jpeg.28dd230b2909063443897d0d13ba64a2.jpeg

Photos are a bit shonky but rest assured the meat wasn’t.

Just noticed you have a wine making section here, a coincidence I also make wine ? today I picked a load of my overgrown rhubarb and steamed it to get its juice and started of a gallon of rhubarb and apple wine.

Proper country bumpkin me, fen tiger through and through.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, Sluggy said:

Just noticed you have a wine making section here, a coincidence I also make wine ? today I picked a load of my overgrown rhubarb and steamed it to get its juice and started of a gallon of rhubarb and apple wine.

Proper country bumpkin me, fen tiger through and through.

That sounds great - why not start posting in it :thumb1:. I too make country wines and so should put some photos there too. As the moment we are working our way through 3 gallons of orange wine, 3 gallons of apple and 4 gallons of hibiscus. :beercheer:

Will do at some point.

currently just getting back into brewing beer again, went a bit mad last time and ended up with kegs and bottles everywhere. 

Just invested in some mini kegs to try and keep my brews smaller this time ?

• Like 1