Any Traeger users

FunkMaster

I've had it for about 3 weeks. 

Assembled it and did a burn off the first day and then cooked a chicken that evening, came out perfect. 

Following weekend I did a full brisket, the grill was great, my fat trimming and butchery skills still need some work!!! But the meat was delicious. 

It works a charm, sat at temp rock solid all day long, 12 hours from start to finish on a full hopper load. I was able to monitor it from my mobile when I went out to walk the dog. 

Its a lot noisier than I realised it was going to be which I don't think will be a problem but was quite surprised. Clean up is a doddle really, although it does get pretty messy!

Will hopefully get enough dry weather to keep on using it over the next few months but so far so good.

• 8 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, pittmab said:

I've had it for about 3 weeks. 

Assembled it and did a burn off the first day and then cooked a chicken that evening, came out perfect. 

Following weekend I did a full brisket, the grill was great, my fat trimming and butchery skills still need some work!!! But the meat was delicious. 

It works a charm, sat at temp rock solid all day long, 12 hours from start to finish on a full hopper load. I was able to monitor it from my mobile when I went out to walk the dog. 

Its a lot noisier than I realised it was going to be which I don't think will be a problem but was quite surprised. Clean up is a doddle really, although it does get pretty messy!

Will hopefully get enough dry weather to keep on using it over the next few months but so far so good.

I sold mine a few months ago. Didn’t get to use it again after the second cook. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, just not for me.