Greetings from North West England

Andy Wilson

Hi everyone.  I'm Andy from the North West of England.  I recently picked up a ProQ Elite and have now used it twice with ok results.  Looking forward to tweaking my performance by learning from this forum.  Main problem, inevitably, is temperature maintenance.  I also yesterday had a stall on my small (2kg) brisket which lasted about two hours!  That thing took much longer than I expected to get finished and I had to push the temp up to push the internal temp.  I need to learn more about that too.

Cheers

Andy

8 hours ago, Andy Wilson said:

Hi everyone.  I'm Andy from the North West of England.  I recently picked up a ProQ Elite and have now used it twice with ok results.  Looking forward to tweaking my performance by learning from this forum.  Main problem, inevitably, is temperature maintenance.  I also yesterday had a stall on my small (2kg) brisket which lasted about two hours!  That thing took much longer than I expected to get finished and I had to push the temp up to push the internal temp.  I need to learn more about that too.

Cheers

Andy

welcome to the forum!

The infamous stall that troubles everyone, I once had it last 3 hours in the past and one that lasted barely an hour! It used to puts allsorts of doubts in my head lol.

3 hours!!  Blimey.  It took all my self control not to go more aggressive with the heat.  I pushed it in the end up to 265 f and it started heating up.  But I have literally no idea if it was that or just the end of the stall!!!!!  

Think I'll relax a bit more next time but I was surprised it took 8 hours at 250 (mostly) for a 2kg brisket.

Also...thanks for the warm and smoky welcome 🙂

The 3 hours has defo been the longest one I have experienced....it even dropped a couple of degrees aswell😱. As you can imagine I thought it was a disaster but it turned out just fine in the end.👍

It certainly drilled the "its done when its done" saying into me haha😆.

I have a cheap cooler now so I can start way in advance, since it always seemed to take longer than expected and then end up having to crank the heat up or finish in the oven. They were the 'good' old days🤔😉

haha yeah, I just leave it now and never know how long the stalls start or finish, as long as the pit temp is fine then it will get there👍

I only pay close attention to the food temp once it starts getting close to my desired temp

• Like 1