Hello from South West scotland

Allan N

2 minutes ago, Kevin Finnigan said:

Can't wait to get back bbq/smoking I am in just outside Glasgow 

From what I see on the weather map for you guys you'll need the bbq under some cover 😉 I've now got my frontier outside...used it yesterday and I'm cooking pork on it later today..👍

Ice.

12 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Hi & welcome Allan,  it's a wee bit quiet on here at the moment, what with C19, but things are on the move. What kit are you running? or what kit are you going to spend money on? 😆

Ice.

I've ran all sort to be honest, all cheap budget stuff but ice had enough to have bought a traegar 🙈🙈😆😆

Last year I had built my own whiskey cask smoker but one day I had ribs on and I went for a shower, whilst in the shower the bugger went on fire!

It didn't destroy it as such but it did mean that it was un usable, the timber doesn't combust until 400 degrees Celsius so you can imagine how hot and dry it must have been !

I'm in the process of building an outdoor kitchen and in there I will have a small offset, an American style grill and a gas bbq. 

Future wise I want to upgrade to a decent offset, I'm pretty much sold on charcoal to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Icefever said:

From what I see on the weather map for you guys you'll need the bbq under some cover 😉 I've now got my frontier outside...used it yesterday and I'm cooking pork on it later today..👍

Ice.

I'm building an outdoor kitchen over the next week or so, hoping that helps with temp fluctuations and let's me get out in any weather 

It's not bad up here just now, typical Scotland 😆😆

So the background of the outdoor kitchen, our garden is terrible for drainage so we are in the process of raising some of it with sub base then laying gravel and slabs etc. 

I happened to say to the wife that we could enclose my "bbq area" and she actually thought it was a good idea !! 

So then started the planning but timber prices have went through the roof even at trade level so it's took a little time but we have managed to get the money together to get a good chunk of it done and I have some slabs left over from our patio. 

Timber gets delivered on Tuesday so il be busy getting that sorted out aswell as running my business. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Finnigan said:

Just thinking about converting my 10x12 hut and wondering about vents and how gap between wood and smoker/bbq

Ah I get you now buddy, I think it's likely just to be a case of operate using common sense, your gonna want as much ventilation as you can and defo gonna want a chimney but I'd say its no different from having a pot belly stove or something in your shed