First cook on the new smoker

First proper cook and the pellet smoker tomorrow. Doing a full brisket( just one from the local butcher). 
I have all the gear and no idea tho lol.

I have a injector butcher paper and string.
4-5 kg brisket 

Planning on dirty cow rub with beef stock injection and cooking at 110c. 

Any advice on what temp to wrap and when to pull would  be welcomed along with any other tips. 

Thanks

Edited by Lordlarry2510

I don’t very often wrap but If I’m gonna wrap I usually do it around the 75c mark while the meats tight and angry then let it go to 96c .. you can take it off a little lower And wrap it up in towels and it’ll continue to cook but I find it’s not worth it on small joints. 

I just cook it and let it rest on a board still wrapped for 30 minutes or so. Then it’ll just fall apart.

I usually add some butter and fluid to it before wrapping in foil, Dunno if butchers paper will hold that though, never used it.

Good luck 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with your first cook, always the most exciting one. Realise it's your first cook and you will probably want to do the whole thing in it. Pellets are expensive though and in time and further cooks, you may want to consider after 4-6 hours or when you get to the wrapping stage, finishing it off in the oven. A pork shoulder or Brisket won't take anymore more smoke after 4-5 hours and certainly once wrapped. So rather than burning pellets of for what is essentially is oven cooking it, run it at 250F in your kitchen oven.

Have a search for Harry Soo videos on youtube for how his briskets/pulled pork turn out with this method, if interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1