Brazilian Grilled Pineapple

sotv

Did a Whole chicken sat on a pineapple and had the majority of the pineapple left over, so thought I would try a Brazilian Grilled Steakhouse Pineapple recipe I found on Youtube. Never grilled pineapple before outdoors before. But thought these were super tasty and something will do again.

Cut the pineapple pieces into fingers and placed a skewer through them, then dusted them with a 3:1 mix of white sugar and cinnamon

IMG_0404.thumb.JPG.83167589edd5bcecb3462201312a62a1.JPG

Grilled them at 380F for 15-20 minutes (roughly 5 minutes a side). They were warmed through and the rub was nicely melted and caramalised. They say you shouldn't burn them, just slightly char them and caramalise the rub. They are melt in the mouth and taste like candied pineapple off the grill, like this. 

IMG_0405.thumb.JPG.13316a1c31220bcea0d443b1b592f1da.JPG

Would use wooden skewers next time as the thin metal skewers I used, the pineapple span on them a bit as it softened and the ratio of sugar/cinnamon was perfect for my tastes, though the recipe called for a 50/50 mix. Whatever suits your tastes.

• Like 1