I'm in a pickle...

ChrisH

Evening everyone, 

Hopefully this finds you all safe and well still.  Just after some advice on the subject of Pickles.  Relative new to all this but seeing how popular they are with bbq.  Can anyone suggest what type of pickles are best with bbq meat and where to source them other than usual supermarkets? 

Thanks 👍

Pickles that i enjoy are onions and gherkins.

I have no idea on how to pickle though.

Other bits I enjoy with bbq's are slaw and sun dried bits like tomatoes, artichokes, olives etc etc.

I do agree sometimes the main item (meat) is the focus on forums, but an equally good home made side, sauce and rub is the key to the ultimate meal 🤗

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 7:23 PM, ChrisH said:

Can anyone suggest what type of pickles are best with bbq meat and where to source them ... 

Why not make your own pickled (fermented) cucumbers - they are really easy to do. 

https://www.woodsmokeforum.uk/topic/199-pickles/?tab=comments#comment-878

This is the way pickling was done before we could pop down the supermarket and buy bottles of Sarsons 😁.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 7:07 PM, Foggy01.1983 said:

Pickles that i enjoy are onions and gherkins.

I have no idea on how to pickle though.

Other bits I enjoy with bbq's are slaw and sun dried bits like tomatoes, artichokes, olives etc etc.

I do agree sometimes the main item (meat) is the focus on forums, but an equally good home made side, sauce and rub is the key to the ultimate meal 🤗

I like a good home made guacamole with plenty of chilli's!