Hello from Wolves

Adi dassler

Hello from sunny Wolverhampton. Seen this forum by chance. I may follow some of you on Twitter.

I've always loved a good barbie but wanted to go a bit further than the average joe, I bought an oil drum jerk pan (always wanted one), sourced some ribs and rubs and with the help of YouTube away I went, now I'm hooked. After trying a brisket on the OD and not being able to regulate temps (brisket was dry but made great chilli in the pressure cooker) I decided to get something a bit more adaptable so after seeking advice on social media I plumped for the pro q frontier, had it about 6 weeks and i love it,I'm doing a 6.5kg brisket on it as we speak. I'm waiting on my aldi kamado to arrive.

Had a quick look through the forum and I'm looking forward to getting some tips and recommendations.

Sorry the alarm on thermometer was going off😁. I love the pro q it's easy to regulate the temps and is pretty versatile. I just wish I'd gone for the bigger one. It was after reading the reviews for the kamado on this forum that convinced me to push the button on one

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adi dassler said:

I love the pro q it's easy to regulate the temps and is pretty versatile. I just wish I'd gone for the bigger one

Hi and :welcome:. I spent months mulling over which size WSM in the end I decided to go for the biggest I could afford (57cm) and I'm glad I did. I can always cook less on it and use it as a kettle style even though it's mostly just me and the GF. But I do like to load up some extras for the next day or two and I can always freeze the extra once we have the one good day a year in Scotland. 😁