Hi from South Wales!

Robdan

Hi all,

Just a quick post to introduce myself - I"m Rob and I’m living in South Wales.
I'm making the switch from a Weber gas grill to a Kamado and I’m keen to get started with some proper BBQ! My love of American style BBQ started when I picked up a copy of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ book by Chris Lilly and now I can't get enough of the low and slow goodness!

Cheers 😀

Rob

Hi Dan,

I’m in Pontygwaith in the Rhondda, we moved here a couple of years ago to be closer to family when I left the Army. I"m waiting for the Aldi Kamado to go on sale again on Sunday as it seems to be a good entry level model, the feedback on this forum has been really useful in making up my mind.

Helpfully my BBQ has for my current Weber ran out just as the lockdown started so I’ve been itching to find the right charcoal grill and not miss this amazing weather!

Rob

Ahh nice, my dads side of the family are from pontypridd.

Wow that Aldi one looks like a bit of a bargain, I shall investigate further. I was on the verge of getting a pro Q but for £50 more that may be worth it!

I know cracking weather we're having, I want to be out there all the time, planning a spatchcock chicken cook for Sunday.

All I’ve managed do so far is to blag a pair of awesome heat proof gloves from a mate in the fire service, and dump a load of shiny items into my Amazon wish list. I definitely need to have some lump wood charcoal ready to for when it arrives 👍

Oh yep I got a couple of bags of that - doesn't seem to be much about at the moment. Amazon def the best bet - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QK87785/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also bought a book to read before it arrives, so I have some kind of clue what I'm doing - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1617691585/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@Robdan yeah I ordered one okay at 7:45 by the looks of it. 

nice find on the charcoal, I was looking for decent stuff today funnily enough. Bought briquettes from Tesco but did a normal bbq the other day and although okay at the time when the burgers and sausages cooled they had a not pleasant chemically smokiness to them. I’ve used the briquettes before so not sure what it was. 
just did chicken with them tonight though and it was fantastic!

@brisketburner2020 also got an ink it’s on the way, was due today but had been delayed!