Won over by Wade

Richie092

Hi All

Having spent the weekend on the stall at Brogdale next to Wade I now feel the need to smoke/BBQ everything in the freezer.

Already a keen cook I thoroughly enjoyed listening to tip after tip on getting the most from my already overused Webber BBQ. As I sit here writing this I am munching away on some lovely smoked cheese (no, not the one I sell, this is much better) wondering what my first smoking project is going to be so before I go off and read all the threads on here I thought I had better say hi so Hi.

Regards

Richie

Hi Richie and thanks for helping make the weekend even more enjoyable. Sorry there were not more samples left over from the demos but I think you will soon be making your own :5980a344e6cd3_ThumbsUp:.

Let me know how you get on making the bacon. If you need any help you know how to reach me.

We may even be able to tempt you to the UK Smokers weekend next year...

Cheers, Wade

Hi Richie, 

Would you be the chap selling the cheese which took a good chunk of my money when I came along on Saturday? 

Welcome to the forum im sure you'll enjoy reading up on smoking etc but I must warn you to be on your guard this is an addictive hobby, I started the year with 2 bbqs and now have 6! :D:D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, valve90210 said:

Hi Richie, 

Would you be the chap selling the cheese which took a good chunk of my money when I came along on Saturday? 

Welcome to the forum im sure you'll enjoy reading up on smoking etc but I must warn you to be on your guard this is an addictive hobby, I started the year with 2 bbqs and now have 6! :D:D

Yep, that was me. Thank you for your custom and I hope you enjoy it. I don't think I will be allowed 6 but pretty sure I can squeeze another in if needed!

8 hours ago, Wade said:

Hi Richie and thanks for helping make the weekend even more enjoyable. Sorry there were not more samples left over from the demos but I think you will soon be making your own :5980a344e6cd3_ThumbsUp:.

Let me know how you get on making the bacon. If you need any help you know how to reach me.

We may even be able to tempt you to the UK Smokers weekend next year...

Cheers, Wade

Thanks Wade

There was enough left to prove to me that your way works. Have some friends coming over next weekend whatever the weather to try and recreate those ribs with. Will let you know how I get on.

Do you have a recommended source for the briquettes?

Richie

2 hours ago, Richie092 said:

Yep, that was me. Thank you for your custom and I hope you enjoy it. I don't think I will be allowed 6 but pretty sure I can squeeze another in if needed!

No, thank you for making such amazing cheese!!  I shall be saving it for a massive cheese fest at Christmas (if I can resist that long!)

2 hours ago, Richie092 said:

Do you have a recommended source for the briquettes?

https://www.wowbbq.co.uk

or

http://www.bbqworld.co.uk

Those are the two I have looked at and purchased from, needs a little working out to see which is best depending on whether you are buying enough to get the free postage from BBQWorld

Recently I have been buying from bbqworld as they have consistently been cheaper. Unfortunately they seem to have run out of 10Kg bags. At the moment WowBBQ also appear to be out of stock too. 

Both currently have the 4Kg bags at £5.66 with delivery charges of £4.50 for orders under £50 so no difference...