Novice in London

SParky Lawrence

Greetings from Deepest South London

My name is SParky, and my smoking addiction has really started in style this year, bought a BPS, won another a week later and then to kick everything off, 2 briskets and a pork butt for neighbours

Really looking forward to doing more (tonight I am probably doing Smoker Fried Chicken), particularly want to do some Lamb and maybe, just maybe a smoked Turkey for Christmas.

I also seem to have developed a book addiction, with my BBQ book collection growing and LOTS on the list to purchase

Once again SParky, welcome to the forum.

You will not find a cure to your. New Addiction on this Forum!

The Smoker Fried Chicken is great, my wife said it was one of the best things I have smoked, not sure I am too happy with that compliment!!!

There is Lamd recipes on the forum, no Turkey as yet, but I am sure will post a Guide to cooking the Christmas Turkey shortly.

This was the Turkey wade cooked at our annual Smokers weekend in July.

image.jpeg.d0c79befa54bbf657f0774fce05a057e.jpeg

Please feel free to post your Q's and ask all the questions you can think of.

21 hours ago, SParky Lawrence said:

Greetings from Deepest South London

My name is SParky, and my smoking addiction has really started in style this year, bought a BPS, won another a week later and then to kick everything off, 2 briskets and a pork butt for neighbours

Really looking forward to doing more (tonight I am probably doing Smoker Fried Chicken), particularly want to do some Lamb and maybe, just maybe a smoked Turkey for Christmas.

I also seem to have developed a book addiction, with my BBQ book collection growing and LOTS on the list to purchase

Hi SParky and welcome to the forum. Which part of London are you from?

2 x Bradleys... That is probably just the start... BBQ/Smokers have a habit of increasing in numbers in the back garden all on their own :D

Turkey is great cooked in the smoker. We have smoked our Christmas turkeys (in a Weber kettle) for the past 10 years or so. It adds to the flavour and frees up space in the kitchen oven too for other things. One of the advantages of cooking the turkey in the smoker is that you are more likely to cook it by internal temperature rather than by time. This results in the meat remaining nice and moist. Gone are the days then your family will think that "turkey is a dry meat". For additional flavour you can also brine it for 24 hours before smoking.

If you do not already have one - at the top of your list to purchase needs to be a digital dual probe thermometer. This will really make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Wade said:

Hi SParky and welcome to the forum. Which part of London are you from?

2 x Bradleys... That is probably just the start... BBQ/Smokers have a habit of increasing in numbers in the back garden all on their own :D

Turkey is great cooked in the smoker. We have smoked our Christmas turkeys (in a Weber kettle) for the past 10 years or so. It adds to the flavour and frees up space in the kitchen oven too for other things. One of the advantages of cooking the turkey in the smoker is that you are more likely to cook it by internal temperature rather than by time. This results in the meat remaining nice and moist. Gone are the days then your family will think that "turkey is a dry meat". For additional flavour you can also brine it for 24 hours before smoking.

If you do not already have one - at the top of your list to purchase needs to be a digital dual probe thermometer. This will really make a difference.

Digital probes are def on the list

Very much needed

And I'm in Orpington

Edited by SParky Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...