Meat Slicers

Hi

Does anyone know of a decent home meat slicer?

I had one a good few years ago and after a very short while it wasn’t fit for purpose.

Have now started cold smoking bacon and would like to get myself a new meat slicer,

but don’t want to purchase another one that will pack up after a few months.

I am in Somerset in the U.K.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bob.

• 1 month later...

I tried several "domestic" models a few years ago and was always disapointed with the results. In the ens I bought a small commercial one - Buffalo CD278 - and it had given good results, is solid and is easy to clean. Ibought mine from Nisbets and they are still a current model. They are not cheap - but you certainly get what you pay for.

Hi Bob,   You might want to also check out catering equipment auctions, ebay and even facebook marketplace.

Currently facebook has a bunch of buffalo slicers here is a link.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/106027109438276/search?query=buffalo slicer

or ebay  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2332490.m570.l1313&_nkw=buffalo+slicer&_sacat=0

Of course it depends on your budget and how often you want to use a slicer but there are always food operations going out of business so you might pick up a bargain.

In my experience as chef a good brand like buffalo can last for 20+ years, so a second hand one can be a reasonable punt.

Regards

Kevin

• Like 1