Makin Pasrtrami

negolien

Guilty as charged! I had a similar kit but was a dry cure not wet. All worked as expected, I wasn't happy with the cook but that was my impatience and nothing to do with the curing kit. Overall flavour was great but the meat was a bit tough in places. 

My only advice would be to follow the instructions to the letter, I think its very easy to "overcure" if you get your weights and quantities wrong.

As with everything there are lots of different methods for cooking the cured meat. I chose to smoke mine as I would an uncured brisket but I think smoke then steaming is more traditional. 

Edited by pittmab
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pittmab said:

Guilty as charged! I had a similar kit but was a dry cure not wet. All worked as expected, I wasn't happy with the cook but that was my impatience and nothing to do with the curing kit. Overall flavour was great but the meat was a bit tough in places. 

My only advice would be to follow the instructions to the letter, I think its very easy to "overcure" if you get your weights and quantities wrong.

As with everything there are lots of different methods for cooking the cured meat. I chose to smoke mine as I would an uncured brisket but I think smoke then steaming is more traditional. 

Yup I will be smokin it on my masterbuilt gravity feed. Won't be for a while with the holidays i don't think but when i do it i will post

• Like 1