Plancha coming today

Icefever

@sotv showed me his plancha at WS19,  and I thought that would work great when we're on holiday in Sept.  Take the Proq with one section ring and we'll be setup for all our cooking needs for the week.

Ordered from Macs and should be here today via DPD....we have friends coming this Sat so I may take the time to season it at the same time??

Ice.

• Like 4

Sounds good, don't loose the little lifting mechanism you get with it, like I have though, or you will have to wait for the thing to cool, before removing it by hand 😀

If you intend doing breakfasts (eggs, pancakes) these are great, they are out of stock, the ones I have linked to. But check out reviews on others. You want to read the reviews and check they don't leak from underneath. keeps everything nice and tidy and stops the eggs and pancake mixes running everywhere.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Used mine for the first time in a while and stuck mine on the pellet grill at 600F (no hairs left on my hands 😀) but cooked the chuck steak burgers, melted gouda on top and mushrooms and onion really well 

IMG_0764.thumb.JPG.82244cde0bac5b54f5aa385f91592dbe.JPG

IMG_0768.thumb.JPG.4f9388a2b6fc503ef14e16a6247065dc.JPG

Edited by sotv

We had the same last night 😆 I used the mini kamado..my plancha is in the garage.......600f wow that's some heat....great for pizza....I often wonder how hot some of these smokers we use will go??

I've thought about banging a full chimney in the Weber just to see what temp it would hit 🤔

Ice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Icefever said:

We had the same last night 😆 I used the mini kamado..my plancha is in the garage.......600f wow that's some heat....great for pizza....I often wonder how hot some of these smokers we use will go??

I've thought about banging a full chimney in the Weber just to see what temp it would hit 🤔

Ice.

It does a pretty good pizza usig a pizza stone at that temp, within 2 minutes considering it's not a dedicated pizza oven.

Tried using the spatulas with BBQ gloves but made it a bit cumbersome flipping the mushroom & onions, so had to go bare handed, but this plancha heats up really well and holds the temp. Not sure how hot the ProQ will get it, but would hope it could get to 450F at least with it on one stack and the lid on, probably hotter if it could fit on the base over the charcoal basket? but a good way doing the mushroom and onions getting mixed in with the burger juices and the onions  got a bit more caramalised than using a skillet I thought as well as a good crust on the burgers. Will be trying a Full English breakfast on it soon but not at 600F more like 400F I think.

Edited by sotv