CO2 neutral nature briquettes.

Simon

I brought 4X4kg of these off of eBay for £25 including postage after seeing someone mention these on a previous post do I thought I would give them a go. 

I decided to use them today when I cooked a topside today (that in a separate post) and I used them in the Weber kettle. I lit them at 1245 roughly and have kept the kettle at a temp of 130 since then and they are still going well at almost 1800 with no noticeable spikes in temp. 

I’ll admit that I haven’t done that in-depth a test as some people have with other reviews, but this is the first time really noticed a steady temperature from my bbq, and I usually struggle to keep a low temperature. However the steady and low temperature may just be because I’ve been getting better at low n slow cooking, but considering the weather I have been impressed. 

From a quick glance online I found that the heat beads (most people’s go to briquettes) are at £35 for the same amount, so I guess it’s whether the extra £10 is important to people. I will use them again soon hopefully and if I notice any issues I’ll update the review. 

Hope this helps people. 

F1A0ADF4-DB59-413E-A993-9FD35D9C5FDE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

To add to this review I used them again today. They have held a temp of 150 C for the duration of the cook with very little temperature adjustment and what I also have to give them credit for there really is very little smoke for anyone who may have neighbors that get annoyed. Apart from the first couple of minutes there isn’t any. There is a good amount of ash, which I can see being an issue for people. I must admit for the price they are well worth a go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 5:18 PM, Simon said:

To add to this review I used them again today. They have held a temp of 150 C for the duration of the cook with very little temperature adjustment and what I also have to give them credit for there really is very little smoke for anyone who may have neighbors that get annoyed. Apart from the first couple of minutes there isn’t any. There is a good amount of ash, which I can see being an issue for people. I must admit for the price they are well worth a go. 

Just tried these for the first time too. I also did the eBay deal. 

They take ages to light, longer than even heat beads. But as you have said, hold low temps steady for hours. 

They do create a lot of ash. I was using them in a slow n sear and after four hours, had to shake out the ash. 

I'll definitely use them again.